Make your life simpler—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures arrive. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Freed Heating & Air Conditioning professional each year. This is important to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the winter, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Freed Heating & Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Freed Heating & Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.