When it’s chilly in Moline you need your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Freed Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Freed Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.