Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Moline summer, have the professionals at Freed Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Freed Heating & Air Conditioning today at 309-323-9584.