You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is an ideal way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Freed Heating & Air Conditioning have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the new temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Freed Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 309-323-9584.