As warmer weather rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Moline? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was working well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit examined annually by a Freed Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help locate minor issues before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outside, it’s more susceptible to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to maintain complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up within your system can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can cause increased energy needs—and a higher energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine small problems before they lead to large, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine components and perform a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify issues before they become big problems that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free cooling throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is prepped to give worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your equipment is at risk for advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Freed Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Freed Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 309-323-9584 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.