As warmer weather starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Moline? Particularly if your cooling equipment is recently installed or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Freed Heating & Air Conditioning tech can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little troubles before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into major troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Today with Freed Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Freed Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 309-323-9584 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your next service.