Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Moline during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Freed Heating & Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Freed Heating & Air Conditioning at 309-323-9584 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.